Our hearts go out to Noah

Back to Article
Back to Article

Our hearts go out to Noah

Chandler Adams, Reporter

At the varsity boys’ basketball game at Southern Lab School last night, something very tragic occurred. One of Central Private’s players, Noah Martin, had a medical emergency.

As most of you know, Noah is the son of Central Private’s Interim Head of School, Brother Martin. He is a junior at Central Private and is involved in several other extracurricular activities. Noah’s sister, Myla Martin, is a sophomore at Central Private.

Coach Duhe, Dr. Kyle Dean, and Melissa O’Neal, a registered nurse, rushed to Noah’s aid. He was then transported to Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital in Baton Rouge. Brother Martin updated us this afternoon and said Noah continues to show hourly progress and that he will be transferred to Ochsner Hospital in New Orleans today. Brother Martin also asked for continued prayers for a full neurological recovery.

Our hearts go out to the Martin Family in their time of need. We pray for a speedy recovery for Noah and that he is able to rejoin his Central Private Family very soon.

The home basketball game on Thursday, February 6th against Springfield, as well as the Friday night game against Thrive Academy, will be dedicated to Noah. Everyone is encouraged to wear red on Thursday and white on Friday to show their support of Noah and the Martin family.

Please keep Noah and the Martin family in your prayers.