Students Attend National College Fair

Victoria Pace

On October 2, 2019, Central Private students attended the Baton Rouge National College Fair for the 5th year. Our juniors and seniors who attended the college fair met face-to-face with representatives from 99 different colleges from around the United States and the world. The representatives answered questions about majors, degree programs, campus visits, internships, scholarships, financial aid, and more.  They also attended workshops on ACT strategies and FAFSA and scholarship applications.  Overall, attendance at the fair was a positive and enlightening experience.  College is just around the corner for many and the college fair helped inform students about their scholastic future.

Morgan Campbell, a Central Private senior said, “I visited Millsaps, Ole Miss, and the University of the South. I got to talk to many counselors and I felt like I got a lot out of the fair.” Another senior, Allison Davis said, “I visited Southeastern, University of the South, and ULM. I learned a lot about what it takes to get into different colleges and that some are a lot harder to be admitted to than others.”

National College Fairs have been offered for nearly 50 years as a program of the National Association for College Admissions Counseling (NACAC).